ayo membaca

iqro' , bacalah
iqro' , bacalah
iqro' . bacalah







Tuesday, September 28, 2010

misplaced words

indirect speech

false: he asked me where was I going
true: he asked me where I was going

"dalam indirect question, anak kalimat berubah menjadi bentuk positif"

contoh lain:
false: I asked him where does he live
true: I asked him where he lives

false: the man asked me what was my name
true: the man asked me what my name was

inversion (pembalikan)
false: never I have heard of such a thing
true: never have I heard of such a thing

catatan: kata keterangan seperti: seldom, rarely, no sooner, selalu digunakan dalam pola ini.

contoh lain: seldom have I seen such a film
no sooner had we entered the house, the rain came down

word order
false: we gave the name to the baby John
true: we gave the name John to the baby

false: I met an old poor woman
true: I met a poor old woman

false: I have a blue long pencil
true: I have a long blue pencil

catatan: ada kecenderungan dalam bahasa inggris, yaiut kata sifat yang paling permanen terletak lebih dekat dengan kata bendanya. dari contoh di atas old lebih permanen dari poor.

false: there are no seats more in the cinema
true: there are no more seats in the cinema

contoh lain:
- there was no more hope for her
- I have no more money

false: they all were there
true: they were all there

contoh lain:
- we are all waiting
- they are all coming
- they are all friends

pengecualian:
- we all waited
- they all came


No comments:

Post a Comment